STEEL GRAY Shielding is the protection from the effects of external fault zones and environmental influences (on a person's health most of the time). More fabric against Electrosmog is a colloquial term for all emissions from electric, magnetic, and electromagnetic fields. More. RF radiation shielding up to 41 dB, groundable. Ideal for opaque curtains and textile products such as bedding and ceilings. Groundable LF. Effective against 5G!
This shielding fabric was processed for our sleeping bag, linen and blanket for effective protection against LF and HF electrosmog. The fabric contains stainless steel threads and is therefore contactable, which means that LF electric alternating fields can be earthed. The HF mobile radiation screening attenuation is a high 41 dB and applies to high GHz frequencies.
STEEL GRAY is ideal for curtains and for products around the bed and couch because of its properties. However, it is less suited to clothing because stainless steel threads are not soft and comfortable on the skin as silver threads. At best, the feeling can be compared to an itchy wooly sweated. STEEL GRAY is very robust compared to silver fabrics and is therefore extremely durable. It can also be washed and ironed.
Use and assets of the STEEL GRAY
STEEL GRAY is an opaque fabric made of cotton wool, polyester and stainless steel used for HF+LF protection. It is typically used for curtains, flooring underlays, ceilings, furniture (beds), screens, beddings and, although not often, as a cheap clothing fabric.
- Good screening attenuation, even at high frequencies!
- Excellent price/performance ratio
- Contactable (groundable) to protect from LF fields
- Textile properties: Washable, can be ironed, can be sewn
- Quality grading: Very high
Caring for the STEEL GRAY shielding fabric
Wash gently at 30°C | Do not tumble dry | Do not bleach | Do not dry clean | For allergy sufferers: every new fabric smells, wash before first use! We recommend TEXCARE or our ecological, vegan UNI SAPON detergent.
STEEL GRAY electrosmog shielding fabric technical information
- Width: 150 cm, +/- 2 cm
- Length: Running meter
- Screening attenuation: 41 dB, two-layer 57 dB. All values provided apply for 1 GHz. Measurement from 40/600 MHz to 40 GHz according to standards ASTM D4935-10 or IEEE Std 299-2006.
- Use for: Curtains, clothing, Grounding is an electrically conductive connection with the electric potential of the ground. More products
- Materials: 40% cotton wool, 30% polyester, 30% stainless steel
- Grammage: 120 g/m²
- Dimensional stability: +/- 3 %
- Surface conductivity: 100-800 Ohm / Inch (2.54 cm)
|HF screening||Materials||Web width||Weight||Color||Coloring possible||Discoloration of the silver||Optical transparency||Quality grading||Washing test / screening attenuation|
|up to 41 dB||Cotton wool
+/- 2 cm
|190 g/m²||dark gray||no||–||none||Very high||Very high|
No cancellation for FABRICS
Like for cuts, there is no right to return shielding fabric.
Please note that cancellations do not apply to these products, because they were cut to the customer’s specifications. Reselling a tailored item is no longer possible. For this reason, it is possible to request a free sample of the STEEL GRAY shielding fabric. By ordering pre-finished products, waiving the statutory right to return goods is accepted. We only sell the highest-quality fabrics! Because of the high production costs and a favourable price, small flaws are not grounds for complaint.