SILVER TWIN shielding fabric against electrosmog from HF (WIFI, mobile phones, …) and LF (domestic electricity). Opaque, highly efficient and therefore ideal as room dividers and curtains. TÜV-SÜD quality tested. Opaque. Effective against 5G!
The SILVER TWIN shielding mesh is our second two-sided shielding mesh. Contrary to the STEEL TWIN shielding mesh, this SILVER TWIN shielding fabric is considerably more sensitive on the dark side, silver side and is NOT SUITABLE for flooring underlays. The SILVER TWIN is typically used for its high attenuation of up to 57 dB against HF radio pollution from mobile radio transmitters, cell phones/smartphones, WLAN, etc.
SILVER TWIN is an opaque mesh made out cotton wool and silver tissue. The shielding silver tissue layer that has been worked into the mesh is not insulated and can be contacted as a result, making this shielding mesh groundable for electric (alternating fields). SILVER TWIN is ideally used on window curtains, but it can also be sewn on to pieces of clothing or cell phone cases.
The characteristics of the SILVER TWIN are the two sides, which are easily recognizable. The front is made out of white cotton wool and the back is made out of a woven, narrow and dark net of silver threads. This well thought out combination creates a great end product, an extremely effective HF and LF electrosmog shielding mesh. Despite the dark silver underside, the front remains light gray and does not clash with the colors of the room most of the time.
Use and assets of the SILVER TWIN
The properties of the SILVER TWIN shielding fabric are:
- Maximum screening attenuation, even at very high frequencies!
- Electrically contactable (groundable) for protection against LF fields
- Textile properties: washable, can be ironed, can be sewn
- Quality grading: very high
Caring for your SILVER TWIN shielding fabric
Wash at a gentle cycle at 30°C. Do not iron. Do not dry in the tumble dryer. Do not bleach. Do not dry clean. For allergic users: every new fabric smells, wash before its first use! We recommend our ecological, vegan UNI SAPON detergent.
SILVER TWIN LF + HF shielding fabric technical information
- Screening attenuation: 57 dB. All values provided apply for 1 GHz. Measurement from 40/600 MHz to 40 GHz according to standards ASTM D4935-10 or IEEE Std 299-2006.
- Length: Running meter
- Width: 150 cm, +/- 2 cm
- Materials: 50% cotton wool, 35% polyester, 15% silver
- Grounding: Electrically conductive. Can be contacted and grounded for protection against electric alternating fields (LF)! We recommend suitable components from our grounding accessories for this.
- Grammage: 150 g/m²
- Surface conductivity: 0.25 Ohm / Inch (2.54 cm)
- Application: Curtains, windows
- Field type: LF (low-frequency electric alternating fields), HF (high-frequency electromagnetic fields)
- Ecology: Normal
- Color: Metallic, ecru, beige-brown
|HF screening||Materials||Web width||Weight||Color||Coloring possible||Discoloration of the silver||Optical transparency||Quality grading||Washing test / screening attenuation|
|up to 57 dB||Cotton wool
+/- 2 cm
SILVER TWIN changes color over time
It should be noted that while the fabric with silver threads is highly effective, they change color as time goes on. The electrically conductive side of the shielding fabric can also have stains from the factory. Its quality and impact are not affected by this, it is, however, an optical change that can be covered in creative ways on curtains.SILVER TWIN changes color!
No cancellation for FABRICS
Like for cuts, there is no right to return shielding fabric.
Please note that cancellations do not apply to these products, because they were cut to the customer’s specifications. Reselling a tailored item is no longer possible. For this reason, it is possible to request a free sample of the SILVER TWIIN™ shielding fabric. By ordering pre-finished products, waiving the statutory right to return goods is accepted. We only sell the highest-quality fabrics! Because of the high production costs and a favorable price, small flaws are not grounds for complaint.