ULTIMA ™ Shielding is the protection from the effects of external fault zones and environmental influences (on a person's health most of the time). fabric against HF Electrosmog is a colloquial term for all emissions from electric, magnetic, and electromagnetic fields. caused by radio radiation (mobile radio, WIFI, DECT, …). HF shielding up to 41 dB of RF electrosmog by means of curtains. Effective against 5G!
This very attractive ULTIMA™ shielding fabric is excellent for curtains and canopies. Because the woven, radio-reflecting silver threads are insulated for protection, there is no oxidation with oxygen and, as a result, the ULTIMA shielding fabric’s color does not fade with time. The curtain or canopy equipped with the ULTIMA™ will stay there in its natural ECRU-WHITE color for years.
The ULTIMA™ shielding fabric is the luxury version of the NATURELL™ shielding fabric by Swiss-Shield®. This shielding fabric is a half-transparent cotton wool fabric for protection from high-frequency electromagnetic fields (HF) from transmission masts and private devices such as cell phones, smartphones, WLAN routers, mobile LTE Internet, etc. It should be noted, however, that this shielding fabric cannot be earthed. ULTIMA™ is not electrically conductive, so protection provided by reflecting invading mobile radiation is limited.
The ULTIMA™ shielding fabric is made out of a special cotton wool tissue. This patented high-tech yarn is made of 82% cotton wool, 17% copper and 1% silver and reaches attenuation values of up to 41 dB, even up to 54 dB with two layers.
Use and assets of the ULTIMA ™
Ideally, the ULTIMA™ needs to be used for curtains and canopies because of its transparency.
The convincing properties of the ULTIMA™ shielding fabric are:
- Cotton wool tissue following Eco-Tex 100 + 1000
- High screening attenuation for a cotton wool fabric
- Excellent price/performance ratio
- Textile properties: washable, can be ironed, can be sewn
- Quality grading: very high
Please note: if you also need protection from low-frequency electric fields, you will need complementary methods, such as shielding paints, to achieve this.
Caring for the ULTIMA™ shielding fabric
Wash gently at 30°C. Iron without steam for the first part. Do not tumble dry. Do not bleach. Do not dry clean. For allergy sufferers: every new fabric smells, wash before first use! We recommend TEXCARE or our ecological, vegan UNI SAPON detergent.
ULTIMA™ HF electrosmog shielding fabric technical information
- Screening attenuation: 41 dB; 54 dB with two layers. All values provided apply for 1 GHz. Measurement from 40/600 MHz to 40 GHz according to standards ASTM D4935-10 or IEEE Std 299-2006.
- Length: Running meter
- Materials: 82% cotton wool, 17% copper, 1% silver
- Dimensional stability: +/- 3 %
- Grounding is an electrically conductive connection with the electric potential of the ground.: Not electrically conductive. No protection from electric alternating fields (LF), these must be reduced through complementary methods. For this, we recommend suitable shielding paint or activation with a mains decoupler.
- Application: Curtains, windows
- Field type: HF (high-frequency electromagnetic fields)
- Ecology: Very high
|HF screening||Materials||Web width||Weight||Color||Coloring possible||Discoloration of the silver||Optical transparency||Quality grading||Washing test / screening attenuation|
|up to 41 dB||Cotton wool
+/- 2 cm
|85 g/m²||ecru-white||yes||no||middle||Very high||Very good|
No cancellation for FABRICS
Like for cuts, there is no right to return shielding fabric.
Please note that cancellations do not apply to these products, because they were cut to the customer’s specifications. Reselling a tailored item is no longer possible. For this reason, it is possible to request a free sample of the ULTIMA™ shielding fabric. By ordering pre-finished products, waiving the statutory right to return goods is accepted. We only sell the highest-quality fabrics! Because of the high production costs and a favorable price, small flaws are not grounds for complaint.