DRY54 is the new special shielding paint from 2021. Supplied in powder form, it convinces with ingenious all-round properties. Up to 75 dB shielding effectiveness at 40 GHz. Effective at 5G! Since it does not contain water, it is ideal for weight-reduced, problem-free shipping.
DRY54 is not the first shielding paint in powder form from YSHIELD, but it is now the bes, most efficient of all previous shielding paints in powder form and at the best price/performance ratio to date. YSHIELD already produced a powder shielding paint in 2003, but the liquid shielding paints were more convincing. The reason for this was probably the mixing of the shielding paint for processing. The power of a commercially available drill or screwdriver was not sufficient for the difficult-to-disperse ingredients. Today, 2021, many years of development time later, this situation has changed completely.
With the special shielding paint DRY54, the perfect formula for a powder shielding paint has been found!
DRY54 is a shielding paint in powder form for shielding high-frequency electromagnetic fields (HF) and low-frequency alternating electric fields (LF). This special paint shines with all-round properties! DRY54 is breathable, plasticiser-free, low-emission and contains no preservatives. Furthermore, this shielding paint convinces with very good physical and chemical properties and at the same time very high ecology.
What really convinced us was the free choice of shielding performance in the form of adding water, i.e. less water = more dB!
DRY54 shielding paint to the point
- In variant 1 with more water, the paint remains almost as liquid as water during mixing. This drastically reduces dusting because the powder mixes immediately with the water. After 15 minutes of resting time, it becomes a little thicker. It can then be spread excellently and you get a nice gradient for even screening.
- With variant 2 (less water), the paint becomes pasty when mixed. Dust formation and workload are higher and the finished paint quantity is reduced by approx. 17%. The advantage is the approx. 6 dB higher screening attenuation. After 15 minutes of resting time, the paint becomes as thick as a normal emulsion paint and can be applied in the same way.
- The outstanding price/performance ratio is achieved because DRY54 costs only half as much as liquid shielding paints. Conclusion: Double the surface area or 2 layers of shielding paint at the same price. With DRY54, the planned shielding budget is clearly spared!
- The powder is vacuumed 3 times during filling! Elaborately sealed in 3 bags inside each other. The reason for this is to maximise the shelf life unprocessed. Only when vacuum-sealed in this way can the shielding powder avoid moisture even after years of use.
Convincing properties of the shielding paint DRY54
- Very long shelf life without contact with water
- No preservatives necessary
- Reduced risk of frost damage
- up to 80 % less plastic waste
- More safety during shipping in case of packaging damage
- If necessary, small quantities can be taken out for repair work
This special shielding paint DRY54 is ideally suited for the effective shielding of exposure to electrosmog from RF radiation and alternating electric fields. Radio pollution from mobile phones, mobile internet, WLAN, DECT, GSM, LTE, 5G, etc. is shielded up to 75 dB depending on the frequency, which corresponds to an effectiveness of over 99.99999 %. Electric fields from domestic electricity (alternating current) are effectively earthed and can therefore be completely shielded.
Today, we recommend painting in three layers. Especially with modern radio technologies such as 5G, high shielding effectiveness is a key issue. The DRY54 shielding paint must be grounded!
The special shielding paint DRY54 from YSHIELD is ideally suited for the effective shielding of exposure to electrosmog from radio radiation and alternating electric fields. Radio pollution from mobile phones, mobile internet, WLAN, DECT, GSM, LTE, 5G, etc. is shielded by up to 75 dB, which corresponds to an effectiveness of over 99.99999%. Electric fields from domestic electricity (alternating current) are grounded extremely effectively and can be completely shielded up to 100%.
How to mix the DRY54 shielding paint correctly
- digital scales
- protective mask (a “sad” positive side effect of the Corona pandemic, which means that every household should be equipped with one)
- Safety goggles
- AR42 paint stirrer or equivalent alternative
- Bucket for mixing
- Drill or powerful cordless screwdriver
- Depending on the chosen variant, between 15 and 30 minutes time
Technical shielding effectiveness values from the EMF laboratory
- Variant 1 with more water
At 1 GHz: Single layer 31 dB | Double layer 38 dB | Three layer 44 dB
At 40 GHz: Single layer 30 dB | Double layer 44 dB | Three layer 58 dB
- Variant 2 with less water
At 1 GHz: Single layer 37 dB | Double layer 43 dB | Three layer 48 dB
At 40 GHz: Single layer 38 dB | Double layer 57 dB | Three layer 75 dB
Technical data for shielding paint DRY54
Outdoor walls, ceilings, indoor walls, floors
- Application (coverage)
up to 8 m² per litre (comparable with liquid shielding paints)
Interior and exterior: Excellent adhesion on almost all undergrounds like existing emulsion paints, sheetrock, wallpaper, cement, plaster, masonry, wood, etc.
- Frost resistance
This product is delivered as a powder and thus frost resistant.
- Top coating
Preferably covered with plastic bonded, water-based emulsion paints, dispersion silicate paints, facade paints or silicon resin paints. Not applicable are pure mineral paints (clay, loam, chalk, silicate). Please find appropriate product recommendations in the technical data sheet. Due to the high adhesive tensile strenght (to ETAG 004 for EIFS-systems, minimum 0.08 N/mm²), applicable directly under pure organic plaster, no mineral pasters!
Must be grounded! We recommend interior the grounding strap GSX plus grounding plate GS / GF, exterior the fiber additive AF3 plus the grounding plate GF4.
Untreated natural graphite, carbon black, pure acrylics powder, additives, no preservative agent.
Mandatory grounding of the HSF54 shielding paint
All electrically conductive surfaces must be grounded by a qualified electrician in accordance to the DIN/VDE regulations. This can be done over the electrical system’s grounding support (ground contact in the socket) or on the grounded heating pipe of the wall heaters (radiator). A protective circuit also needs to be installed in the fuse box. It must be noted that the circuit must be turned off before painting – a 230-volt, 16-amp shock can be deadly! The electrified flush-mounted box must be a centimeter away when painting the wall.
Electrical alternating fields can be grounded, contrary to mobile radiations (high-frequency) which are based on reflection and cannot be grounded as a result. A protection against mobile radiation is also based on reflection whereby the electromagnetic radiation is prevented from entering the room.
The shielding paint HSF54 protects against both electrosmog immissions. I.e. from alternating electric fields by means of earthing and high-frequency electromagnetic fields by means of reflection.Self-adhesive conductive grounding tape for shielding paint Conductive carbon fibers as an invisible alternative to the ground tape
Documentation for the special shielding paint DRY54 (.pdf)
|Ready for 5G||Safety up to 40 GHz||TÜV SÜD certification||No nanotechnology|
|As YSHIELD keep on developing their paints, they now have an almost linear shielding attenuation for a very large frequency range. This frequency range has already been including both 5G frequency spectrums for quite some time: FR1 (600 MHz – 6 GHz) and FR2 (24 GHz – 40 GHz).||YSHIELD has a professional in-house EMC laboratory that complies with various standards up to 40 GHz. This is where not only the test reports are prepared, but also every single new batch every day for your safety. You will receive measurement curves and test reports for all shielding products up to 40 GHz.||YSHIELD has the shielding paints monitored by TÜV SÜD.
The complete production process with quality assurance, the emission behaviour and the economical use of preservatives are subject to control. The certificate can be found above under “Documentation & Downloads”.
|YSHIELD shielding paints are developed according to strict ecological criteria. For example, the lowest emission carbon black on the market and untreated natural graphite are used.
YSHIELD deliberately avoids the use of graphene, a nanomaterial with a still completely unclear potential for danger.