SILVER SILK shielding fabric against HF (WLAN, cell phone…) and LF (power supply) electrosmog. Ideal for shielding cell phone cases or the inside of clothing.
In terms of effective screening attenuation, this shielding fabric is decisive. SILVER SILK is a silver-coated parachute silk / nylon tissue – this means that this shielding fabric is fully coated in silver. This is why SILVER SILK is ideal for effective shielding against high-frequency electromagnetic radiation. With a screening attenuation of 60 dB or up to 76 dB if using two layers, the SILVER SILK is predestined for us in protective mobile phone or laptop cases. Because of its excellent washability, SILVER SILK can also be sewn onto the inside of pieces of clothing. However, this shielding fabric is also ideal as an opaque shielding partition.
In our eyes, one of the features of the SILVER SILK shielding fabrics is its use for data protection. Because of its significant reflective effect, this fabric also offers high protection for your personal data in your passport or financial information on your bank or credit card. RFID NFC scanners will no longer read your data unnoticed. Contactless payment is very comfortable and modern, but only when it done sensibly. Personal (financial) data or login data is read from a distance unnoticed is everything you don’t want. A bag or pouch with this fabric sewn on offers a simple but effective data protection solution.
Because of the full silver coating, SILVER SILK is electrically conductive and is best suited to grounding LF electric alternating fields. For example, if there is no way to exchange an electric cable or socket strip into a shielded variant you will get a similar result by “wrapping and grounding” with SILVER SILK.
Use and assets of the SILVER SILK
The properties of the SILVER SILK shielding fabric are:
- Very high HF screening attenuation
- Antiseptic (germ reducing and eliminating) because of the full silver coating
- Contactable (groundable) to protect from LF fields
- Textile properties: washable, can easily be sewn. Exception: Cannot be ironed!
Stoffpflege beim Abschirmstoff SILVER SILK
Wash gently at 30°C. Do not iron. Do not tumble dry. Do not bleach. Do not dry clean. For allergy sufferers: every new fabric smells, wash before first use! We recommend our ecological, vegan UNI SAPON detergent.
SILVER SILK HF + LF electrosmog shielding fabric technical information
- Screening attenuation: 60 dB; 76 dB with two layers. All values provided apply for 1 GHz. Measurement from 40/600 MHz to 40 GHz according to standards ASTM D4935-10 or IEEE Std 299-2006.
- Length: Running meter
- Width: 130 cm, +/- 2 cm
- Materials: 80% nylon, 20% silver
- Grounding: Electrically conductive. Can be contacted and grounded for protection against electric alternating fields (LF)! We recommend suitable components from our grounding accessories for this.
- Grammage: 45 g/m²
- Surface conductivity: 0.2 Ohm / Inch (2.54 cm)
- Application: Technical, clothing, earthing
- Field type: LF (low-frequency electric alternating fields), HF (high-frequency electromagnetic fields)
- Ecology: High
- Color: Metallic (silver-brown)
|HF screening||Materials||Web width||Weight||Color||Coloring possible||Discoloration of the silver||Optical transparency||Quality grading||Washing test / screening attenuation|
|up to 60 dB||Nylon
+/- 2 cm
SILVER SILK changes color over time
It should be noted that while the fabric with silver threads is highly effective, they change color as time goes on. The electrically conductive side of the shielding fabric can also have stains from the factory. Its quality and impact are not affected by this, it is, however, an optical change that can be covered in creative ways on curtains.SILVER TWIN changes color!
No cancellation for FABRICS
Like for cuts, there is no right to return shielding fabric.
Please note that cancellations do not apply to these products, because they were cut to the customer’s specifications. Reselling a tailored item is no longer possible. For this reason, it is possible to request a free sample of the SILVER SILK shielding fabric. By ordering pre-finished products, waiving the statutory right to return goods is accepted. We only sell the highest-quality fabrics! Because of the high production costs and a favorable price, small flaws are not grounds for complaint.