STEEL TWIN shielding fabric against electrosmog from HF (WLAN, mobile phone, …) and LF (domestic electricity). Opaque, very powerful, robust and therefore ideal for floor underlays and curtains. TÜV-SÜD quality tested. Opaque. Effective against 5G!
The main advantage of the STEEL TWIN lies in its resistance to fatigue when being used. For this reason, we use this STEEL TWIN shielding mesh for flooring underlays with the Electrosmog PRO canopy. The reason for this is the use of stainless steel threads instead of the considerably more sensitive silver threads. There is also no discoloration, as is normally the case with silver threads.
STEEL TWIN is an opaque mesh made out cotton wool and stainless steel tissue. The woven stainless steel threads achieve an attenuation of up to 35 dB against HF mobile radiation, even 50 dB with two layers. Furthermore, this shielding mesh is contactable and therefore can be used to ground LF electric (alternating) fields from the power supply.
The characteristics of the STEEL TWIN are the two sides, which are easily recognizable. The front is made out of white cotton wool and the back is made out of a woven, narrow and dark net of stainless steel threads. This well thought out combination creates a great end product, an effective and robust shielding mesh. Despite the gray stainless steel underside, the front remains light gray and does not clash with the colors of the room most of the time.
Use and assets of the STEEL TWIN
The properties of the STEEL TWIN shielding fabric are:
- Good screening attenuation, even at high frequencies!
- Electrically contactable (groundable) for protection against LF fields
- Textile properties: washable, can be ironed, can be sewn
- Quality grading: very high
Caring for your STEEL TWIN shielding fabric
Wash gently at 30°C | Iron without steam for the first part | Do not tumble dry | Do not bleach | Do not dry clean | For allergy sufferers: every new fabric smells, wash before first use! We recommend our ecological, vegan UNI SAPON detergent.
STEEL TWIN LF + HF shielding mesh technical information
- Screening attenuation: 41 dB; 55 dB with two layers. All values provided apply for 1 GHz. Measurement from 40/600 MHz to 40 GHz according to standards ASTM D4935-10 or IEEE Std 299-2006.
- Length: Running meter
- Width: 150 cm, +/- 2 cm
- Materials: 68% cotton wool, 16% polyester, 16% stainless steel
- Grounding: Electrically conductive. Can be contacted and grounded for protection against electric alternating fields (LF)! We recommend suitable components from our grounding accessories for this.
- Grammage: 190 g/m²
- Surface conductivity: 100-800 Ohm / Inch (2.54 cm)
- Application: Floors, curtains, textiles, windows, earthing
- Field type: LF (low-frequency electric alternating fields), HF (high-frequency electromagnetic fields)
- Ecology: Normal
- Color: White, gray
|HF screening||Materials||Web width||Weight||Color||Coloring possible||Discoloration of the silver||Optical transparency||Quality grading||Washing test / screening attenuation|
|up to 41 dB||Cotton wool
+/- 2 cm
|190 g/m²||light gray
|yes||–||none||Very high||Very good|
No cancellation for FABRICS
Like for cuts, there is no right to return shielding fabric.
Please note that cancellations do not apply to these products, because they were cut to the customer’s specifications. Reselling a tailored item is no longer possible. For this reason, it is possible to request a free sample of the STEEL TWIN™ shielding fabric. By ordering pre-finished products, waiving the statutory right to return goods is accepted. We only sell the highest-quality fabrics! Because of the high production costs and a favourable price, small flaws are not grounds for complaint.