MASTER SWITCH SERIES
MASTER SWITCH SERIES
The RP-NA16-KA from BIOLOGA acts as a level 2 repeater in the fuse box to increase the range of the mains isolation switch NA 16-1P radio. Or to significantly improve a possibly impaired reception.
There are various causes that affect the quality of the radio signal between transmitter and receiver. Probably the most common challenge is the excessive distance between the remote control and the demand switch of the master switch system. However, materials such as the fuse box, especially in the case of a shielded fuse box, can also become a barrier, as a result of which the switching signal does not reach the demand switch.
This is where the RP-NA16-KA repeater comes in and solves this reception problem very effectively. The range of the demand switch’s receiver module is significantly extended by this repeater and the additionally required external antenna. The repeater has the same dimensions as the demand switch NA 16-1P radio and is installed in the fuse box next to it. The antenna cable is screwed onto the module and the antenna itself is led out of the fuse box.
The repeater works on the basis of a radio signal coded according to the EnOcean standard, which is only transmitted when the transmitter in the remote control is activated. Furthermore, the repeater does not have to be taught-in or configured. It forwards the signals automatically after connection to the operating voltage.
Meaning of the levels explained
A maximum of two repeaters can be used as extensions for the operation of the mains disconnection switch NA 16-1P radio. The level indicates the performance class in relation to the telegrams (data packets).
- LEVEL 1: Receives only telegrams from transmitters (TX-NA16-HAND, TX-NA16-WAND remote control).
- LEVEL 2: Receives, in addition to the telegrams specified in level 1, also those of a level 1 repeater.
Two methods for installing the RP-NA16-KA
Installation with a repeater
- At the beginning: Mains isolator NA 16-1P radio in the control cabinet
- At the end: Level 1 or Level 2 repeater (RP-NA16-UP, RP-16-AP or RP-NA16-KA) plus transmitter (remote control)
Installation with two repeaters
- Start: Mains isolator NA 16-1P radio in the control cabinet
- Middle as bridge: Level 2 repeater (RP-NA16-UP, RP-16-AP or RP-NA16-KA)
- At the end: Level 1 repeater (RP-NA16-UP) plus transmitter (remote control)
We strongly recommend downloading and studying the “Range Overview” guide.
Convincing performance of the RP-NA16-KA fuse box repeater at a glance
- Level 2 control cabinet repeater for extending the field disconnector of the NA 16-1P radio series
- for extending the range with protection class 1 distributors and shielded electrical installation or disturbed reception
- Building-biological radio technology according to EnOcean standard
- Very robust
- 1 year warranty