High-quality shielded electric cable to prevent LF electrosmog from power lines. The BIO sheathed cable type (N)HXMH(St)-J is halogen-free and also free of plasticisers.
This high-quality shielded sheathed cable enables effective shielding of low-frequency electrical fields. In contrast to the shielded PVC cable, this variant (N)HXMH(St)-J of a sheathed cable is also halogen-free and plasticiser-free. Furthermore, an improved behaviour in case of fire has been integrated. Consider that a standard electrical cable, laid during the construction of the flat or house, produces a strong electrical alternating field which reaches up to 2 meters into the room. And since the power lines in the floor, ceiling or wall are continuously under current with 16 amps and 220 volts, this LF electrosmog issue is a 24/7 topic – 24 hours and 7 days a week.
With this shielded electric cable, also known as BIO cable, this problem is avoided from the outset. The low-frequency alternating fields automatically produced by the conventional household alternating current do not even leave the coated electric cable.
This (N)HXMH(St)-J shielded electric cable can be laid on and under plaster, in dry or humid rooms, on masonry, and on concrete. It is also suitable for outside use as long as it is protected from direct sunlight. It cannot be directly embedded into shaken, vibrated, or tamped concrete.
Important information about shielded home wiring:
In conjunction with shielded in-wall or flush-mounted boxes, this is the most effective way of shielding against electrosmog caused by electric fields. The commissioned electrician must be informed of the decision to use BIO cable BEFORE the tender. Laying this cable is a lot harder for the electrician, and the tender could be rejected as a result. Don’t be put off by this, just ask the next electrician. The extra effort to achieve an electrosmog-free result is always worth it.
Installing (N)HXMH(St)-J shielded electric cable
When installing, connect the ground wiring of the junction box to the ground wiring of the cable! Always connect yellow-green to yellow-green, do not connect them to the auxiliary wire in any case! Protect the auxiliary wire and toil with insulating tube, there can be no conductive parts in the junction box! The screen connection = lay the auxiliary wire to one side on the potential bonding bar. Do not use unshielded and shielded cables together.
Construction of the (N)HXMH(St)-J shielded electric cable
1) Single-wire copper conductor
2) Insulation: joined-up polyethylene
3) Common core covering
4) (St)-Screen: foil with 1.13 mm wire
5) Outer casing: halogen-free polymer compound
Technical information on the (N)HXMH(St)-J shielded electric cable
- Number of wires in core: 3
- Cross-section per wire: 2.5mm²
- Length: 25 meters / 100 meters
- Outside diameter: approx. 11.6 mm
- Cable weight: 187 g/m
- Fire load: 0.50 kWh/m
- Quantity: In rolls of 1.0 running meter. If tailor-cut for a customer, it cannot be revoked or cancelled. Request a free test sample before ordering.
- No PVC with halogen-free polymer compound (according to DIN VDE 0250 Section 214)
- No plasticizers for ecological constructions
- Fire retardant according to EN 50266-2-4, EN 60332-1, IEC 60332-3 Cat. C
- Nominal voltage U0/U: 300/500 V, current load according to VDE 0100
- Construction according to DIN VDE 0250 Section 204/209, marking according to DIN VDE 0293
- Test procedures according to DIN VDE 0472, test AC voltage 50 Hz, 3500 V
- Bending radius according to DIN VDE 0298: 4 x D
- Operating temperature: -30°C bis +70°C, cabling temperature -5°C bis +70°C
- Application: Reduce LF fields
- Field type: LF (low-frequency alternating fields)
The temperature range (not moved) is – 40º C to max. + 70º C, during installation + 5º C to max. + 70º C. Outdoor installation is only possible if the cable is not exposed to direct sunlight. Use in hazardous areas is not permitted. The product conforms to the 73/23/EEC Directive (Low Voltage Directive).
Checking the efficiency of the LF shielding
The screening is checked according to TCO’99, Volume I (MPR II) and DIN EN 50279 (measuring distance 30 cm, measurement against earth, free cable run over several metres, no connection areas, field-free laboratory conditions). The alternating electric field is measured in volts per metre, or V/m for short.
- Unshielded installation cables: 30 – 80 V/m
- Foil-shielded NYM-(St) or (N)HXMH(St) cable: below 1 V/m
- Guideline value for building biology electrical installations: max. 10 V/m
No cancellation for the shielded electric cables
Like for cuts, there is no right to return shielded electric cables.
Please note that cancellations do not apply to these products, because they were cut to the customer’s specifications. Reselling a tailored item is no longer possible.