High-quality shielded cable to protect against LF electrosmog caused by power lines. The type (N)HXMH(St)-J electric cable has no halogen or plasticizers.
This high-quality shielded cable enables effective shielding against low-frequency electric waves. In addition to the cheaper version’s properties, this (N)HXMH(St)-J cable is a variant that is also halogen- and plasticizer-free. Furthermore, this cable is equipped better to deal with fire. Let’s consider that a standard electric cable, laid while building the room or house, produces a strong electric alternating field that can reach up to 2 meters in the room. And because the power line in the floor, ceiling, and walls are continuously under power of 16 amps and 220 volts, LF electrosmog is a theme 24/7 – 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
With this shielded electric cable, also known as BIO cable, this problem is avoided from the outset. The low-frequency alternating fields automatically produced by the conventional household alternating current do not even leave the coated electric cable.
This (N)HXMH(St)-J shielded electric cable can be laid on and under plaster, in dry or humid rooms, on masonry, and on concrete. It is also suitable for outside use as long as it is protected from direct sunlight. It cannot be directly embedded into shaken, vibrated, or tamped concrete.
Important information about shielded home wiring:
In conjunction with shielded in-wall or flush-mounted boxes, this is the most effective way of shielding against electrosmog caused by electric fields. The commissioned electrician must be informed of the decision to use BIO cable BEFORE the tender. Laying this cable is a lot harder for the electrician, and the tender could be rejected as a result. Don’t be put off by this, just ask the next electrician. The extra effort to achieve an electrosmog-free result is always worth it.
Installing (N)HXMH(St)-J shielded electric cable
When installing, connect the ground wiring of the junction box to the ground wiring of the cable! Always connect yellow-green to yellow-green, do not connect them to the auxiliary wire in any case! Protect the auxiliary wire and toil with insulating tube, there can be no conductive parts in the junction box! The screen connection = lay the auxiliary wire to one side on the potential bonding bar. Do not use unshielded and shielded cables together.
Available variants of the (N)HXMH(St)-J shielded electric cable
|Wire count / size||Outside diameter||Cable weight||Fire load|
|3 x 1.5 mm²||approx. 10.4 mm||148 g/m||0.43 kWh/m|
|5 x 1.5 mm²||approx. 12.0 mm||196 g/m||0.58 kWh/m|
|3 x 2.5 mm²||approx. 11.6 mm||187 g/m||0.50 kWh/m|
|5 x 2.5 mm²||approx. 13.0 mm||260 g/m|
Construction of the (N)HXMH(St)-J shielded electric cable
1) Single-wire copper conductor
2) Insulation: joined-up polyethylene
3) Common core covering
4) (St)-Screen: foil with 1.13 mm wire
5) Outer casing: halogen-free polymer compound
Technical information on the (N)HXMH(St)-J shielded electric cable
- Length: 25 meters / 100 meters
- Quantity: In rolls of 1.0 running meter. If tailor-cut for a customer, it cannot be revoked or cancelled. Request a free test sample before ordering.
- No PVC with halogen-free polymer compound (according to DIN VDE 0250 Section 214)
- No plasticizers for ecological constructions
- Fire retardant according to EN 50266-2-4, EN 60332-1, IEC 60332-3 Cat. C
- Nominal voltage U0/U: 300/500 V, current load according to VDE 0100
- Construction according to DIN VDE 0250 Section 204/209, marking according to DIN VDE 0293
- Test procedures according to DIN VDE 0472, test AC voltage 50 Hz, 3500 V
- Bending radius according to DIN VDE 0298: 4 x D
- Operating temperature: -30°C bis +70°C, cabling temperature -5°C bis +70°C
- Application: Reduce LF fields
- Field type: LF (low-frequency alternating fields)
Tips to compare shielded electric cable prices
In the cable industry, it is normal to sell cable for a “cable price” without including the copper. Because the price of raw materials constantly changes, a “copper surcharge” was levied and the cables are advertised with “Plus a copper surcharge of €150 per 100 kg, the notice is up to date”. The indicated “market price” of €150.00/100 kg is from 2002, in 2011, it is more in the range of around €500 to €600/100 kg. As a result, the actual cable price is a lot higher than the listed price! For this reason, all of the prices of our shielded cable INCLUDES copper surcharge!
No cancellation for the shielded electric cables
Like for cuts, there is no right to return shielded electric cables.
Please note that cancellations do not apply to these products, because they were cut to the customer’s specifications. Reselling a tailored item is no longer possible.