Cheap, shielded sheathed cable to prevent LF electrosmog from power lines. Cost-effective (N)YM(St)-J BIO electric cables.
This very cost-effective shielded sheathed cable enables effective attenuation of low-frequency electric fields. Let’s consider that a standard electric cable, laid while building the room or house, produces a strong electric alternating field that can reach up to 2 meters in the room. And because the power line in the floor, ceiling, and walls are continuously under power of 16 amps and 220 volts, LF electrosmog is a theme 24/7 – 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
With this shielded electric cable, also known as BIO cable, this problem is avoided from the outset. The low-frequency alternating fields automatically produced by the conventional household alternating current do not even leave the coated electric cable.
This (N)YM(St)-J shielded electric cable can be laid on and under plaster, in dry or humid rooms, on masonry, and on concrete. It is also suitable for outside use as long as it is protected from direct sunlight. It cannot be directly embedded into shaken, vibrated, or tamped concrete.
Important information about shielded home wiring:
In conjunction with shielded in-wall or flush-mounted boxes, this is the most effective way of shielding against electrosmog caused by electric fields. The commissioned electrician must be informed of the decision to use BIO cable BEFORE the tender. Laying this cable is a lot harder for the electrician, and the tender could be rejected as a result. Don’t be put off by this, just ask the next electrician. The extra effort to achieve an electrosmog-free result is always worth it.
Installing (N)YM(St)-J shielded electric cable
When installing, connect the ground wiring of the junction box to the ground wiring of the cable! Always connect yellow-green to yellow-green, do not connect them to the auxiliary wire in any case! Protect the auxiliary wire and toil with insulating tube, there can be no conductive parts in the junction box! The screen connection = lay the auxiliary wire to one side on the potential bonding bar. Do not use unshielded and shielded cables together.
Available variants of the (N)YM(St)-J shielded electric cable
|Wire count / size||Outer diameter||Cable weight|
|3 x 1.5 mm²||10.5 mm||154 g/m|
|3 x 2.5 mm²||12.0 mm||217 g/m|
|5 x 1.5 mm²||12.0 mm||208 g/m|
|5 x 2.5 mm²||13.5 mm||280 g/m|
Construction of the (N)YM(St)-J shielded electric or BIO cable
1) Single-wire copper conductor
2) Insulation: Cross-linked polyethylene
3) Joint PVC core covering
4) (St) screen: Coated aluminum foil with 1.5 mm² ground wire
5) PVC outer sheath
Technical information on the (N)YM(St)-J shielded electric cable
- Shielded PVC sheathed cable (following DIN VDE 0250 Part 204/209)
- Self-extinguishing and flame-retardant PVC according to DIN VDE 0482 Teil 265-2-1 / EN 50265-2-1 /IEC 60332-1 (in compliance with DIN VDE 0472 Part 804 Inspection type B)
- CE = conforms to the EG low voltage guidelines 73/23/EWG or 93/68/EWG
- DC resistance following DIN VDE 0295
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +70°C. Installation temperature: -5°C to +70°C
- Nomninal voltage U0/U: 300/500 V, current load according to VDE 0100
- Test procedures according to DIN VDE 0472, test AC voltage 50 Hz, 3500 V<
- Bending radius according to DIN VDE 0298: 4 x D
- Radiation resistance: Up to 80×106 cJ/kg (up to 80 Mrad)
- Quantity: In rolls of 1.0 running meter. If tailor-cut for a customer, it cannot be revoked or cancelled. Request a free test sample before ordering.
- Application: Reduce LF fields
- Field type: LF (low-frequency alternating fields)
Tips to compare shielded electric cable prices
In the cable industry, it is normal to sell cable for a “cable price” without including the copper. Because the price of raw materials constantly changes, a “copper surcharge” was levied and the cables are advertised with “Plus a copper surcharge of €150 per 100 kg, the notice is up to date”. The indicated “market price” of €150.00/100 kg is from 2002, in 2011, it is more in the range of around €500 to €600/100 kg. As a result, the actual cable price is a lot higher than the listed price! For this reason, all of the prices of our shielded cable INCLUDES copper surcharge!
No cancellation for the shielded electric cables
Like for cuts, there is no right to return shielded electric cables.
Please note that cancellations do not apply to these products, because they were cut to the customer’s specifications. Reselling a tailored item is no longer possible.