Halogen bulb HALOPIN® PRO with 33 watt wattage for our shielded lamps
Halogen bulbs with a G9 base are the last light source to survive the artificial death of the good old Edison bulb in the EU. Just like the incandescent bulb, halogen bulbs contain a filament that is made to glow by the current flow. The result is a continuous luminous flux that produces a more yellowish-orange light (similar to the evening sunset). The result is a high quality of light! All halogen lamps are free of the toxic heavy metal mercury!
- Plug-in illuminant G9 – 33 watt power (corresponds to 40 watt light output)
- Illuminant for E14 and E27 plug-in socket (with adapter)
Attention: Observe the maximum wattage (e.g. max. 40 W) and do not exceed it! See the information on the luminaire, on the type plate or in the operating instructions of the luminaire.
EU regulation on the phasing out or prohibition of incandescent lamps
The EU regulation on the phase-out of incandescent lamps (incandescent lamp ban) has provided for the exception for the particularly small G9 lamp, as the bulky compact fluorescent lamps do not fit in various filigree luminaires. Halogen lamps with G9 bases may therefore continue to be produced. They can therefore also be used in the future.
Advantages of the G9 illuminant in a nutshell
G9 halogen incandescent lamps provide high light quality with higher lumen values (lm) for more light and lower wattages (W) for lower power consumption. This results in effective lm/W values.
- Economical: 30 – 50 % energy saving compared to conventional incandescent lamps
- Ecological: Small size = little waste
- Colour rendering: RA = 100 %, for authentic and eye-friendly colours
- Colour temperature: 2700 – 2800 K (Kelvin), for warm white light
- Health harmless: free from mercury – without electronics – flicker-free
- Protection: Integrated UV filter
- Average service life: 2,000 hours (2 years at approx. 2.7 hours per day)
- Suitable for everyday use: Can be disposed of with household waste
- Uncomplicated with adapter: Same light source for E14 sockets and E27 socket
- Practical: Simple exchange by pulling and plugging. Don’t forget: Pull out the mains plug! Always insert the light bulb with a glove or cloth and do not touch it with bare hands!