This is perhaps the most purchased GIGAHERTZ demand switch with VDE display and a capacity of 16 A
- Also works reliably with rotary dimmers, fluorescent and energy-saving lamps, halogen spotlights and devices with start-up electronics, such as vacuum cleaners etc.
- Low ripple ensures “calmness” for electrosensitive people and still:
- Orientation light in light switches and baby night lights also work when decoupled
- Protected against polarity reversal and surge-proof
- LED display for the “decoupled” switch status
- VDE display
GIGAHERTZ Comfort NA7 technical details
- • Nominal voltage / capacity: 16 A, 230 VAC /- 10%, 2300 Watt glow lamp load.
- • Mechanical lifespan of the relay: around 15,000,000 switching cycles.
- • Unipolar switch-off: for optimal personal protection and minimal ripple.
- • Ripple: < 2 mV / < 4 mV / < 8 mV (nominal/typical/maximal).
- • Monitoring voltage: biologically compatible low-current DC voltage (max. 8 mA / 230 VDC).
- • Safety: surge-proof in accordance with IEC 1000-4-4 (Burst) and IEC 1000-4-5 (Surge) Clearance and creepage distances comply with EN 600065 / VDE0860.
- • Housing: Carrier rail mounting according to DIN-EN 50 022 for the fuse box, 35 mm = 2 PE.
That is how the GIGAHERTZ Comfort NA7 demand switch works
The line supply produces magnetic and electric alternating fields. While the magnetic fields “disappear” when the consumer is switched off, the electric fields remain in the whole power supply system. This is where the mains decoupler comes in: it is installed into the fuse box and automatically separates the circuit it is intended for from the network as soon as the last consumer is switched off. As soon as a consumer is turned back on, the mains decoupler recognizes this and automatically turns the supply voltage back on without any delay. You do not notice the mains decoupler in day-to-day life.
x21 mains filter for dirty electricity – this demand switch’s feature
Installing the provided x21 mains filter with the demand switch strongly lowers the stress caused by dirty electricity.
- The mains filter dampens voltage peaks from the power supply (“dirty power”), improves the EMV properties of mains decouplers and increases their switch stability.
- This is an additional measure to improve the quality of the network through the circuit being protected by the mains decoupler, which is effective regardless of the make and switch status of the mains decoupler.
Normally, you would need many individual plugs, one per socket. However, by installing the filter to the demand switch, the whole connected circuit is filtered. A reduction to under 50 GS makes a difference, but getting to under 25 GS units is ideal.
LED control lights to easily check the demand switch
The provided LED control light helps you comfortably check that things are switched off in the room. This stays plugged in a visible for the whole day. If the LED lights up, the mains decoupler has switched the circuit off. If the “Light OFF” display still shows, a permanent consumer on the same circuit is stopping it from switching off.Download Bedienungsanleitung