The LiFli from Fauser is ideal for quickly assessing the flicker content of a light source. Regardless of whether LED, energy-saving lamp, halogen, ….
This measuring device impresses above all by its simplicity. Switch on and hold the device with the light sensor in the direction of the bulb. If the measuring device is held too close to the light source, a warning tone is emitted.
The optical scale of the LiFli is based on a traffic light with the colours green, yellow and red. These signal colours immediately indicate the flicker component of the light source as an evaluation. An audio option can also be activated to make the flicker component of the lamp audible.
Decisive factors for healthy light
There are several issues that are crucial when choosing a healthy light source. Unfortunately, this is completely ignored by people or there is no knowledge about this health issue. And this despite the consciousness the light is a crucially important component of the life and the everyday life. Sunlight is regarded as a model. With a focus on building biology, three factors are decisive in evaluating lighting quality:
- Light flicker component or flicker component (hertz)
- Light colour temperature (kelvin)
- Light colour rendering index (percent)
All three factors have an influence on how well a person feels in the light of the bulb, including any symptoms. In principle, the percentage of flicker should be as low as possible, up to flicker-free at 0 Hertz (sunlight does not flicker).
The colour temperature of the light has an effect on our performance and our daily condition. Thus 2700 Kelvin is called warm white, the living light for comfort at home. In contrast to daylight in workrooms, which should ideally be 6500 Kelvin. “White is not just white”. The higher the colour temperature, the whiter the light. To measure the colour temperature, we recommend the App Lightspectrum Pro EVO for mobile phones, with which the smartphone can also be used as a cheap light meter for measuring the light colour temperature for just a few euros.
The colour rendering index of the light should be as close as possible to 100 %, whereby this 100 % corresponds to the quality of the sunlight. The colour spectrum of the light should be homogeneous and all colours should be balanced. No colour (e.g. blue light) in the light spectrum should be too high or missing. Fluorescent tubes and energy-saving lamps in particular often perform poorly here because entire colour blocks are omitted from the light spectrum. And in the case of LEDs and many displays (mobile phones, tablets, computers, televisions), the proportion of blue light is much too high, which can lead to premature macular degeneration.
Light flicker meter LiFli
The light flicker measuring device LiFli enables the fast evaluation of bulbs for their flicker content (flicker/flicker). Particularly with LED light sources, the flicker content can only be determined by a measurement, since it is in the range of 0% to 100% with these light sources. In addition to the optical display of the flicker component, the LiFli also has an audio function for acoustic reproduction of the flicker. There is also a voltage output for further analysis using an oscilloscope or voltage analyzer.
In addition to the light spectrum, the flicker component is a very important quality feature for light. This simple and fast flicker measurement of a light source by the LiFli from Fauser is very convincing!
The LiFlie from Fauser impresses above all with its simple operation. Ideal for every household.
Technical date of the Fauser LiFli
- Handy measuring device for fast evaluation of bulbs
- Display of the flicker percentage as ripple or flicker % in the range 0…100 %.
- Multicolor bar graph display with 18 bright LEDs
- Spectral sensitivity similar to the human eye
- Spectral range (λ0,5) 420..675 nm
- Measuring range from 2% to 100%.
- Resolution 2%, 5%, 10% depending on flicker content
- Detects flicker/flicker in the range from 50 Hz to 400 kHz
- Acoustic reproduction of the flickering in the audible and in the range of 20 kHz to 400 kHz
- Powerful loudspeaker for impressive sound
- Voltage output for analyzing the measurement signal using an oscilloscope or spectrum analyzer
- Lithium-ion battery, rechargeable with standard USB charger
- Working temperature from 0°C to +40°C
- Humidity range from 10% to 70% (non-condensing)